Nordic Computers Ltd. is a limited liability company dealing in import and whole sale of computer parts and accessories in the United Republic of Tanzania, East Africa. The company was founded in the beginning of 2009 by a team of Danish partners and a Tanzanian businessman.
“NORDIC” is a registered trademark by Nordic Computers Ltd. under which we began to assemble our own range of desktop computers in February 2013. At this point it had taken more than 2 years of planning to start up the project.
The NORDIC desktop assembly plant is partly financially supported by The Investment Fund for Developing Countries which is an independent investment fund owned by the Danish government.
– March 2009: Nordic Computers Ltd. is registered as a limited liability company under Tanzanian law.
– April 2009: Nordic Computers Ltd. teams up with Transcend Information Inc. in order to import and distribute Transcend products in Tanzania.
– March 2011: Nordic Computers Ltd. is now by far the largest distributor of Transcend products in East Africa, which counts Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Malawi.
– March 2011: Nordic Computers starts to distribute internal hard drives from Western Digital in Tanzania.
– August 2011: Nordic Computers Ltd. is appointed official distributor for ZyXEL Communications Corp. in order to distribute network equipment in Tanzania.
– August 2012: Nordic Computers Ltd. moves into our new and bigger office in Regent Estate, Dar es Salaam.
– November 2012: Nordic Computers Ltd. receives status as official Microsoft® OEM Partner.
– November 2012: Nordic Computers is appointed official distributor of monitors from LG Electronics.
– February 2012: Nordic Computers Ltd. receives status as official Intel® Technology Provider Partner.
– February 2013: Nordic Computers Ltd. is appointed official distributor of motherboards and graphics cards from MSI (Micro Star International).
– February 2013: Product launch of the first NORDIC desktops in Tanzania.
– February 2013: Launch of our own range of NORDIC branded mice and keyboards.
– October 2013: Nordic Computers Ltd. received status as Intel® Technology Provider GOLD Partner. At this point we are the first Tanzanian company ever to receive Intel GOLD partner status.
– January 2014: Nordic Computers Ltd. is the first company in Tanzania to offer the new 4th Generation Haswell Intel Pentium products through our NORDIC desktops.
– June 2014: Nordic Computers Ltd. is appointed official distributor by ACTi, the world’s 6th largest manufacturer of surveillance cameras.
– February 2015: Distribution agreement signed with Yeastar, Nordic Computers is distributing their IP PBX solutions in Tanzania.
– February 2015: Nordic Computers signs a dealer agreement with FANVIL, a market leader in IP Phones.
– April 2015: Nordic Computers starts dealing directly with ASUS in order to distribute their range of P2B projectors.
– April 2015: Nordic Computers is receiving status as a Microsoft Named Account as the first company in Tanzania.
– April 2015: Appointed authorized distributor of A-Data products.
– May 2015: Nordic Computers teams up with ZKTeco to distribute their biometric solutions.
– August 2015: Authorized distributor for HIKVISION products.
– Sept 2015: Authorized distributor for QNAP network storage and video recording solutions.
– April 2016: Nordic Computers are now selling Ubiquiti products in Tanzania.
– April 2016: Authorized NUUO partner, to sell and service their CCTV management software in Tanzania.
– July 2016: Authorized partner with MILESTONE in order to sell their CCTV management software in Tanzania.
– Aug 2016: Authorized part with SALTO.
Why Nordic Computers Ltd. is one of the leading distributors of computer parts and accessories in Tanzania:
Knowledge about the local market: We have extensive experience in doing business in East Africa and are able to adjust our business to a way that fits the local market the best.
Product quality: Nordic Computers Ltd. only deals in high-quality products with warranty purchased through official channels.
Product range and availability: We have high focus on product availability. We recognize that availability and continuous import is crucial in order to maintain long-term business relations to both customers and suppliers. Furthermore, we focus on offering a large variety of products to our customers. We have direct import from a long range of suppliers as stated herein, but also appointed official reseller of other brands such as Samsung, DELL, HP, Lenovo, Eaton, D-Link and APC.
Service/delivery: We offer fast and reliable service to all our customers. We process and finalize warranty-inquiries within a matter of days. Our team of drivers on motorcycles ensures that all customers in greater Dar es Salaam can get free delivery of products from Nordic Computers; the majority of our deliveries are carried out within 2 hours from confirmation of the order.
Ambition and growth: It is our ambition to be the preferred one-stop-shopping centre for all computer parts and accessories in the entire East Africa.
Management and business culture: The daily management team is consisting of Danish people. We implement Scandinavian business culture, which has become a very important part of Nordic Computers. We are using up-to-date cloud-based software solutions to manage everything from sales to daily administration.
We are daily striving to optimize response time and make sure that we uphold our obligations towards customers and suppliers.
Our team: Our local team of employees has a professional knowledge about the products and are highly qualified to help the customer to choose the final product as well as doing after-sales service. The combination of local Tanzanian computer specialists and Danish computer professionals is essential to us, as well as training and education of our staff in order to do business the Nordic way. By doing that, we do not only create work-places, we also share knowledge and give local employees the best possible conditions to work under as well as developing their skills.